You can only apply to Companies House to get your company restored (known as ‘administrative restoration’) if:
- you were a director or shareholder
- it was struck off the register and dissolved by the Registrar of Companies within the last 6 years
- it was trading at the time it was dissolved
Otherwise you’ll have to get a court order to get the company restored.
Apply for administrative restoration
Send Companies House:
- a completed application for administrative restoration (form RT01)
- a cheque for £100, payable to ‘Companies House’
- any outstanding documents, eg accounts or confirmation statements (previously annual returns)
- any filing fees or penalty payments
- if your company had assets, a waiver letter from Bona Vacantia
Call Companies House if you need advice about your application.
Telephone: 0303 1234 500
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm
Find out about call charges
What happens next
If your application has been successful, your company will be restored as soon as the registrar sends you a confirmation letter.
If your application is refused, you might be able to: