File your accounts and Company Tax Return

Use this service to file your company, charity or association’s:

  • Company Tax Return (CT600) for Corporation Tax with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
  • accounts to Companies House
  • tax return and accounts at the same time

You’ll need your company’s annual accounts. They must be ‘balanced’, so your total assets should match what you owe. Unincorporated associations (like sports clubs) can upload a PDF of their accounts.

There’s a different process if you need to file your confirmation statement (annual return) with Companies House.

Start now

Before you start

You’ll need your:

When to use commercial software

You’ll need to use commercial software if you want to file:

  • company accounts to Companies House and your turnover is more than £6.5 million
  • a Company Tax Return to HMRC and your turnover is more than £632,000

Other ways to apply

You can only use the paper form (CT600) if you’re unable to file online because you have a reasonable excuse.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles